Get Inclusive to Launch New Student DE&I Training Courses
Launching August 1st, Get Inclusive’s new Student DE&I courses will be available to over 300 colleges and universities across the country as part of our Student Site License package. Undergraduate and graduate/adult learner course versions will be available for immediate assignment.
These new online student training courses will round-out Get Inclusive’s existing employee DE&I training program that launched in 2021.
“While many student-oriented DEI programs focus on teaching critical concepts, Get Inclusive’s student DEI program was designed to also encourage and empower students to speak up for themselves and targeted others,” said Dr. Carmen Poole, Director of Content at Get Inclusive and the author of our new Student DE&I Training Program. “Using common DEI concepts and theories, this course seeks first to establish a connection between appreciating differences, understanding various forms of oppression, and active intervention.”
The learning objectives for the Student DE&I training courses include the following:
- Identify differences between diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, and intersectionality
- Identify differences between identity and personality, diversity and tokenism, equality and equity
- Defining social identity groups
- Defining and identifying key unconscious biases
- Identifying and describing the impact of microaggressions
- Defining and recognizing different kinds of oppression
- Practicing active intervention (calling in/out, allyship behavior)
- Describing the differences between an ally, advocate, and accomplice
For more information about our Student DE&I course, please visit our product page: https://www.getinclusive.com/students-dei
Request a Demo: https://www.getinclusive.com/demo
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Will all existing Get Inclusive customers have access to these new courses?
A: All institutions with a Student Site License will receive immediate and unlimited access as part of their existing package. If you don’t have a Student Site License please contact email@example.com to upgrade.
Q: How can institutions not currently using Get Inclusive access these new courses?
A: Please request a demo at getinclusive.com/demo or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: When can we review these courses?
A: Course demo access will be available August 1st, 2022.
Q: When will these courses be available for assignment through the Get Inclusive LMS?
A: Course will be available for assignment starting August 1st, 2022.